Thursday 8 March 2018

Nintendo Direct 8/3/2018

I live in Sydney, so this morning, on the 9th of March, was the Nintendo Direct. I haven't really been keeping up with Nintendo news lately, or video game news in general really. But, here I am, back in the thick of it, and I wanted to share my favourite mentions in today's Direct! Just a reminder that the release dates will be for the Australian market.

Kirby Star Allies



We already knew this game was coming. It is due out on the 16th of March. There was a little bit of new information, however. After the game's release, there will be free DLC, introducing new Allies for Kirby to play with!!!

Detective Pikachu



Again, we knew this one was coming already. This one is also releasing this month, on the 24th. It was nice to see a bit more of his strange personality, and the humour of the game. I am also quite excited about the large Detective Pikachu, releasing on the same day.

Captain Toad



When I saw Captain Toad pop up, I was ridiculously excited. When it continued to reveal that this was a port to the Switch of Treasure Tracker, I was disappointed. However, it will be coming to the Switch with a few extra Mario Odyssey levels, and a multiplayer mode. I am hopeful that this means Captain Toad will get a new game in the future, because I love Toad, and this game was brilliant. This is releasing on the 13th of June.

Octopath Traveler



I played the demo through a few days ago (and I'm still in the process of writing about my experience with it). I really enjoyed it, and I am keen on picking it up on release. We learned today about two more of the eight characters you can play- the apothecary and the merchant. We also learned that the characters can choose an additional job, to help customise and add additional layers of strategy to combat! And of course, the release date was announced. It's coming on the 13th of June, with a special edition as well, containing a pop up book presenting all of the characters, a replica coin, and a handy dandy map! I kind of want this edition, but it is currently much too expensive for me (sitting at AU$199.95 at EB Games).

Okami



A Switch remake of the original Okami game is coming, employing the Switch's touch screen, or Joy Con motion controls, depending on what mode you're playing in. I never played this game, but I did play the DS Okamiden, and that game was beautiful and very charming, with an engaging story. I was constantly reminded of Japanese kabuki theatre as I played. This releases on the 10th of July.

Luigi's Mansion



The original Luigi's Mansion game, released on the Game Cube, is coming to the 3DS! I played the sequel, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon when it was released (it got me through a bad illness in fact, so I have very fond memories of it), but never had the chance to play the original. By the time I acquired a Game Cube, the games were quite difficult to find, unless you went on eBay. So, I am very excited to give this one a go when it releases later this year!

Did you watch the Nintendo Direct today? What are you most excited for?

No comments:

Post a Comment