Monday 19 March 2018

FANCIFUL LISTS- Top Five Resident Evil Playable Heroes

Today I thought it might be fun to list my personal favourite five playable Resident Evil heroes! Keep in mind, there will be spoilers for the series, so if you want to avoid those, I suggest you click back out, and I'll see you next time : )

5. Parker Luciani



Parker is briefly playable in Resident Evil Revelations, and he is awesome. He is loyal to his partners, and willing to sacrifice his own life, if it means that it will be easier for them to escape with their own. I grew very attached to him as I saw the way he treated the people he worked with, and how much he genuinely seemed to care about people, and the job. 

Also, it is super fun to run around with an axe as a melee weapon.

4. Ethan Winters



Ethan is the most recent playable hero in the series, and while most people think his personality is kind of dull, I think he was actually a great character. He was very headstrong and determined, and, despite the fact he has had zero training in anything that would help him in Resident Evil 7, he still pushes through to the end. Nothing can stop him. Not Mia lopping his hand off, not having it stapled back on, not even going up against the maniacal Baker family. He pushes through to the end. And if that isn't incredible, I don't know what is.

3. Jill Valentine



Jill has been around since the beginning, exploring the Spencer mansion in Resident Evil 1, alongside Chris, Barry, and Albert (damn you, Albert). Her experience in Stars, and later in the BSAA have given her everything she needs to fight against the various zombies, parasites, and other corrupted creatures she encounters in her pursuit to keep people safe, and find Chris (which seems to be a bit of a theme for them, doesn't it). With good reason, she has attracted many fiercely loyal allies over the years.

2. Helena Harper



From the first moment I saw her in Resident Evil 6, I loved Helena. She was a bad ass, she was mysterious, she was voiced by Laura Bailey (not gonna lie, that is a large draw for me). As you progress in the Leon and Helena campaign, you slowly unravel her story, and discover that she got involved due to tragic circumstances, and despite the role she played in causing the chaos at the university, you feel for her. At least, I did. She puts herself through many dangers in order to achieve her vengeance, and stays by Leon's side to the very end. She ultimately earns her redemption, and a chance at a happier future. She found a loyal partner in Leon.

1. Leon Kennedy



Speaking of Leon, I am putting him in at number one. I know that this choice might be a bit predictable, and some people might assume I'm just fangirling, but hear me out. Firstly, Resident Evil 4 was the first RE game I ever played, and I loved it from the get go. The intrigue, the danger, the setting. I loved it all. So, seeing Leon reminds me so much of that experience. Then you have the character himself. He's sassy, he's unlucky, and most of all, he's only alive because he overslept on his first day as a member of the Raccoon City Police Department, and I find that funny. Obviously, he's had plenty of chances to die since then, but if he hadn't overslept that day, there would have been no escape from the outbreak for him. What a hero. Also, he has the patience of a saint. I would not be able to deal with Ashley the way he did. I was so tempted to leave her in one of those bins.

So there we have it, my top five playable RE heroes. What did you think? Agree? Disagree? Who's your ultimate favourite? 

PS. I would love to make a video version of this, and all future Fanciful Lists, but I do not have any reliable equipment currently (the webcam on my laptop is not of good quality at all). I also am not sure I have the confidence for it, but maybe one day I'll manage it! If so, keep an eye out!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment