Friday 8 January 2016

My Favourite Gaming System

Hello everyone!

Today, I would like to talk a little bit about my favourite gaming system, Nintendo's New 3DS!

I remember back in 2011, when the 3DS was first released. I was very excited that I had a job at the time, so I was able to place a pre-order and got myself one on launch day (a first for me- I usually obtained them years after the fact)! And as luck would have it, I fell sick just in time for release, so I braved the shops to pick it up, and then had a week of bed rest. The 3DS really helped me avoid utter boredom. My launch title was Street Fighter 4.


My 3DS was a constant companion until the day that my husband bought me a New 3DS (my old one was starting to drain way too fast to be able to continue using it- though I still have it... I am a sentimental person). I struggled deciding between a regular one, and an XL. Ultimately I leaned into the regular one for a number of reasons. Firstly, with my health the way it is, the XL was just too heavy and uncomfortable to hold for extended periods, and my hands are so small I could barely reach the second set of shoulder buttons. Another important deciding factor was the interchangeable face plates on the regular one. I chose the Isabelle ones, of course.



Why do I love the 3DS so much, aside from my sentimentality? Well, the answer is simple. It has had more games on it that I have loved than any other gaming system (except maybe the DS), and I am totally in control of my own gaming experience.

Let me explain that further. Well, firstly, I can customise it to my own taste (which has become even easier with the introduction of 3DS menu themes and the Badge Arcade). Secondly, I am free to play whenever I want to, without being concerned about if it is going to bother others, or interfere with their TV time. Related to that, I can play when I am on public transport or during breaks at uni, which is good, because sometimes the only time I have to play is in idle moments during the day.

I am very happy with the battery life on the New 3DS as well, meaning that I can play longer, and not worry quite so much.

I will write another post in the future about some of my favourite video games on the Nintendo 3DS, but until then, I want you to think about what your favourite game console is!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment